Home PageAmmanford fire stationHistoryFire Stories 1Fire Stories 2Fund RaisingCommunity Fire Safety and Fire PreventionIndustrial ActionRetired Members

Stories from the year 1946 Stories from the year 1945 Stories from the year 1944 Stories from the year 1943 Stories from the year 1942 Stories from the year 1941 Stories from the year 1940

 
Penygroes Fire
Fire Guard Training Film.
 
Fire Guard Instructors Ceremony
 
Ammanford Fire.
 

13th May 1943

 

AMMANFORD FIRE
—————————

65a Penybanc Road

Damage estimated at about £100 was caused by an outbreak of fire in the kitchen of 65a, Penybank Road, Ammanford, occupied by Mrs. Sarah Anne Evans, on Tuesday evening.

The fire, which was first detected at about 7.40 p.m. by an evacuee, is believed to have been caused by some clothing on a line near the mantelpiece becoming ignited.

Neighbours, who rushed to the spot, did excellent work by throwing buckets of water on the conflagration, and when the police and the N.F.S., who were summoned, arrived, they were able to extinguish it with a stirrup pump which they brought into use.

Considerable damage was done to the furniture, windows and walls in the kitchen.

 

Top of Page