A fire, resulting in the loss of £900 or £1,000 worth of oil stocked in a shed in Park Terrace, Bettws, occurred on Wednesday evening. It was shortly after seven o’clock that Mrs. Davies noticed smoke and flames issuing through the door of the shed, which belonged to Mr. John Williams, oilman.
She called her neighbours, among them Mr. Joseph Thomas, fishman, but nothing could be done to extinguish the fire, which burnt fiercely.
The shed and large stock of oil were completely destroyed. The owner is, unfortunately, not insured.