Home PageAmmanford fire stationHistoryFire Stories 1Fire Stories 2Fund RaisingCommunity Fire Safety and Fire PreventionIndustrial ActionRetired Members
Montage of Photos

1910's Link1920's link1930's link1940's link1950's link1960's link1970's link

FIRES IN THE VALLEY.


THE AMMAN VALLEY CHRONICLE & EAST CARMARTHEN NEWS

DISTRICT NEWS.

25th July 1918

On Saturday last, a fire occurred at the house of Mr. Jonah Williams, Bettws Road. It appears that Mr. and Mrs. Williams had gone out and left the children in bed. The children seem to have gained possession of some matches and a candle, which they lit, and a garment of one of the children was partly burnt.

The bed caught fire, and several articles were destroyed. However, some neighbours observing smoke issuing from the house, effected an entrance, and fortunately rescued the children, who were in bed.

 

The smoke caused considerable inconvenience to the rescuers, who deserve praise for their conduct. What might have turned out to be a serious conflagration was averted through the action of the neighbours

Top of Page Top of Page Top of Page