A disastrous fire occurred in Ammanford this (Thursday) morning, when the house of Mr. Glyn Evans, New Road, was practically gutted, and the whole of the furniture upstairs was destroyed. Fortunately, no loss of life has occurred, Mr. Evans being at work and Mrs. Evans doing some shopping at the time of the outbreak, which occurred about 10.
The Ammanford Fire Brigade, assisted by the police, Rev. W. Nantlais Williams, Rev. D. Tegfan Davies, and others, rendered heroic service in extinguishing the conflagration.
The adjoining houses were saved, thanks to the excellent work performed by all who helped to prevent the fire spreading. The parlour suite was removed just in time to avoid destruction.