Home Page
 
25th FEBRUARY 1988
 
 
DEAN (4) IS BLAZE HERO
   

DEAN AND HIS MUM RELAXING AT HOME THIS WEEK

   

A FOUR-YEAR-OLD boy raised the alarm when fire engulfed a Betws council flat at the weekend.

Little Dean Murphy rushed into his mother's bedroom at 63 Treforis and told her: “There are flames everywhere.”

Mum, Denise grabbed the toddler and ran from the building. “I lost everything I owned,” she said this week, “my clothes, my furniture, everything.

“But at least we are both still alive, so there's plenty to be thankful for.”

It was brought under control rapidly by Ammanford fir brigade, but not before the lounge had been gutted and the rest of the flat badly damaged by smoke.

The family's Jack Russell dog, Brandy, was killed in the fire although firemen tried unsuccessfully to revive him.

Denise Murphy and Dean are staying in temporary council accommodation at Penybanc until their flat is renovated and redecorated.

STORY:
UNKNOWN

PHOTO:
PETER
EVANS

     
        Top of Page