Home Page
 
23rd JUNE 1988
 
 

HOT IRON STARTS BLAZE

   

   

CLEARING UP…. DAVID LLEWELLYN, DAUGHTER LISA AND FRIEND, AMANDA JONES AFTER THE BLAZE.

AN OVERHEATED iron sparked off a blaze which gutted the kitchen of a Glanaman flat.

When firemen arrived at 14, New Ceidrim Road, at 7 pm last Tuesday the living room had also been badly damaged by smoke.

Mr. David Llewellyn, who was this week salvaging furniture and fittings, said his 13-year-old daughter Lisa had left the iron on and gone out.

“She went to youth club and when I got back the place was on fire,” he said.

Fire officer in charge Jim Rollinson said the iron had heated up and set light to clothes nearby. “There was extensive fire and smoke damage,” he said.

STORY:
UNKNOWN

PHOTO:
GUARDIAN PICTURE

 

 

 

 

Top of Page