Home Page
23rd SEPTEMBER 1999
 
 

PENSIONER'S HOME DESTROYED BY FIRE

   
 
       
     

HOUSE GUTTED… OAP struggling to deal with loss

           
   

A GLANAMAN man has been left badly distressed after as fire gutted his home.

Pensioner Colin Williams had to flee his Cwmaman Road detached house after it caught fire last night.

Neighbours watched on in horror as two Ammanford fire crews battled for more than 40 minutes to bring the blaze under control.

One neighbouring couple hosed down the side of the house in case the fire spread to their home.

Mr. Williams is now recovering at the nearby home of his daughter, Sharon Barnard.

A neighbour said he was still finding it hard to come to terms with the fire, which gutted the living room, kitchen and garage and damaged most of the upstairs of the house.

A spokesman for Mid and West Wales fire service said the cause of the blaze was accidental and they were not investigating further.

STORY:
UNKNOWN

PHOTO:
GUARDIAN
PICTURE

 
   

 

 

 

 

 

 

Top of Page